Returning to work has been (and for many, still is) a very daunting experience.
After months of uncertainty, the A Wilson Roofing team were among the many ‘essential workers’ to first go back to work, following strict rules as per Government Guidelines, in order to keep both employees and customers safe at all times.
Since we cover a wide radius including Surrey and London areas, safety is imperative for our employees and customers. So, as proud members of NFRC, our teams on site follow the Federation’s COVID-19 Safe Working Checklist. We have highlighted key points below:
1. Before Starting Work
– Check if anyone in the relevant property is self-isolating
– Explain to customer how you plan to work safely
– If discussing works face-to-face, keep 2m distance, wear a mask and do this outside if possible
– Go through the Government “Staying COVID-19 Secure in 2020” checklist
2. Toilet Facilities
– Agree a suitable and safe process with the customer, if using their toilet
– Ensure you can adequately wash or sanitise your hands before and after using the toilet
3. Lunch and Tea Breaks
– Prepare by taking your own food and drink to work
– Clean hands before and after eating
– Clear all surfaces and controls that have been touched, if eating in vehicle, before leaving
– Clear away food waste and take it home with you
4. During the Working Day
– Ensure all workers maintain two metres distance as much as you can
– Clean common touch points (tools, equipment, materials, scaffolding, and ladders etc) regularly
– Encourage workers to regularly wash or sanitise their hands before or after using equipment
– Clean all PPE thoroughly after use
Reference: Nfrc.co.uk. 2020. [online] Available at: <https://www.nfrc.co.uk/docs/default-source/coronavirus-assets/mrk033-nfrc-covid-19-safe-working-checklist.pdf?sfvrsn=6> [Accessed 25 November 2020].
We will continue our efforts in maintaining a safe environment for everyone, and a big thank you to all our clients for your ongoing support.